Reviewers are requested to provide comments via JIRA (Wiki and JIRA use the same credentials, so if you can see this page, then you can use JIRA).
To add comments from within JIRA:
Go to the OCCDS project in JIRA at: https://jira.cdisc.org/projects/AOCCDS
Keeping JIRA open in a separate window to capture comments is easier than navigating back and forth between the Wiki and JIRA.
- Click on the "Create" button in the top menu to bring up the Create Issue form.
- Make sure the issue type is set to "Review Comments".
- Fill out the form.
- Provide a short summary or the gist of your comment in the "Summary" field.
- Enter your comment, and any additional, details in the "Description". To help the team address your comment properly, be thorough.
- Click the "Create" button in the bottom right corner of the form to submit.
Instructions for creating an issue can be found here: https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/JIRA/Creating+an+Issue
To add comments to JIRA from within the Wiki:
Select the text to which you wish to attach the comment. After a moment, a small contextual menu should appear.
If the text you have selected is not unique on the page, or contains any links or images, the JIRA Connector will be unable to find right place to automatically insert the issue upon creation. In most cases, five words of plain text should be enough to ensure a unique text string, but this is not guaranteed.
Depending on your browser, the JIRA Connector may also experience difficulties if the content to which you wish to add the issue is mirrored from another page. Reviewers are recommended to enter comments on the content's source page whenever feasible.
Within the contextual menu, click on the icon that looks like an X (as shown to right). This will trigger an abbreviated Create Issue form.
If you get a notice that "Atlassian JIRA needs your permission to connect to Confluence" instead, click on "Allow", and then "Allow" again. When you are returned to the page in the Wiki, the Create Issue form should be open.
- Check to make sure the project selected (the first part of the first line under the title of the form) is OCCDS.
- If it isn't, click on "Edit" on the same line to convert the line into two drop-down menus.
- Choose "Review Comments" from the first drop-down menu.
- Fill out the form and click the "Create" button in the bottom left corner of the form to submit your comment as an issue.
- In case of technical difficulties, please make sure to provide a brief description of the context of your comment, so the team can address it properly.
The page should automatically update with your comment inserted in place.
Creating a JIRA Issue
Instructions for creating an issue from within Confluence (the Wiki) can be found here: https://confluence.atlassian.com/doc/use-jira-applications-and-confluence-together.html
If you have no edits or comments to a page:
- Click 'Like' at the bottom of the page. This will help us determine who has read each page.