To comment on a rule, a Comment Form has been created to assist in adding comments to JIRA from the Wiki space.
- Identify the Check Number and IG
- Add a short "Summary" of the topic of your comment in the "Summary" box
- Add a full description of your comment in the "Description" box and click SUBMIT at the bottom.
- The JIRA issue has now been created for the item you have just entered.
To add comments from within JIRA:
- Go to the "ADaM Rules" project in JIRA at: https://jira.cdisc.org/projects/
Keeping JIRA open in a separate window to capture comments is easier than navigating back and forth between the Wiki and JIRA.
- Click on the "Create" button in the top menu to bring up the Create Issue form.
- Make sure the project is set to "ADaM Rules" and the issue type is set to "Review Comments".
- Fill out the form.
- In the Summary field, describe the content to which the comment applies, including the check number and IG or model version.
- In the Component field, choose "ADaM Rules v3.0".
- Enter your comment, and any additional details, in the Description field. To help the team address your comment properly, be thorough.
- Click the "Create" button in the bottom right corner of the form to submit.
Next to the "Create" button is an option to "Create another". If this is checked, clicking "Create" will submit your comment and bring up a new Create Issue form with the same project and review type. This can be handy if you have multiple comments to enter.
Instructions for creating an issue can be found here: https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/JIRA/Creating+an+Issue
To add comments to JIRA from within the Wiki:
- Select the text to which you wish to attach the comment. After a moment, a small contextual menu should appear.
If the text you have selected is not unique on the page, or contains any links or images, the JIRA Connector will be unable to find the right place to automatically insert the issue upon creation. In most cases, five words of plain text should be enough to ensure a unique text string, but this is not guaranteed.
Depending on your browser, the JIRA Connector may also experience difficulties if the content to which you wish to add the issue is mirrored from another page. Reviewers are recommended to enter comments on the content's source page whenever feasible.
- Within the contextual menu, click on the icon with the 3 arrows. This will trigger an abbreviated Create Issue form.
If you get a notice that "Atlassian JIRA needs your permission to connect to Confluence" instead, click on "Allow", and then "Allow" again. When you are returned to the page in the Wiki, the Create Issue form should be open.
- Check to make sure the project selected (the first part of the first line under the title of the form) is "ADaM Rules".
- It it isn't, click on "Edit" on the same line to convert the line into two drop-down menus.
- Choose "ADaM Rules" from the first drop-down menu.
- Fill out the form and click the "Create" button in the bottom left corner of the form to submit your comment as an issue.
In case of technical difficulties, please make sure to provide a brief description of the context of your comment, so the team can address it properly.
- The page should automatically update with your comment inserted in place.
If you get a notice that the issue "has been created, but there is a problem in adding it to the page," you can click on the key in the notice to open the issue just created in JIRA, and then insert it into the page manually.
Instructions for creating an issue from within Confluence (the Wiki) can be found here: https://confluence.atlassian.com/doc/use-jira-applications-and-confluence-together.html
If you have no edits or comments to a page:
- Click 'Like' at the bottom of the page. This will help us determine who has read each page.