Reviewers are requested to provide comments via JIRA, which uses the same credentials as the Wiki.
To add comments to JIRA from within the Wiki:
Select a string of text of approximately five to fifty words leading up to the point at which you wish to enter your comment.
The string of text you have selected acts as the pattern by which the JIRA Connector locates the correct place to automatically insert the issue upon creation. This means that it must be unique within the page, and it must be able to be parsed as a regular expression, or the JIRA Connector will be unable to insert your comment.
Therefore, a single line of plain text, void of any complex content (e.g., hyperlinks, images), and of sufficient length that searching for it using your browser's Find command will return only one result, is recommended.
- After a moment, a small contextual menu should appear.
- Within the contextual menu, click on the icon that looks like an X (as shown to right). This will trigger an abbreviated Create Issue form.
- If you get a notice that "Atlassian JIRA needs your permission to connect to Confluence" instead, click on "Allow", and then "Allow" again. When you are returned to the page in the Wiki, the Create Issue form should be open.
- Check to make sure the project selected (the first part of the first line under the title of the form) is SDTM Variable Definitions.
- If it isn't, click on "Edit" on the same line to convert the line into two drop-down menus.
- Choose "SDTM Variable Definitions (SDSVAR)" from the first drop-down menu.
Fill out the form.
In case of technical difficulties, please make sure to provide a brief description of the context of your comment, so the team can address it properly.
- Click the "Create" button in the bottom left corner of the form to submit your comment as an issue.
- The page should automatically update with your comment inserted in place.
Instructions for creating an issue from within Confluence (the WIKI) can be found here: https://confluence.atlassian.com/doc/use-jira-applications-and-confluence-together.html
How to provide comments in JIRA:
- Go to the SDTM Variable Definitions project in JIRA at: https://jira.cdisc.org/projects/SDSVAR
- Click on the "Create" button in the top menu to bring up the Create Issue form.
- Include the name of the page/section in the Summary.
- Provide a description of the issue in the Description.
- Click the "Create" button in the bottom right corner of the form to submit.
Instructions for creating an issue from within JIRA can be found here: https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/JIRA/Creating+an+Issue
If you have no comments on a page:
- Click 'Like' at the bottom of the page. This will help us determine who has read each page