Skip to end of metadata
Go to start of metadata
Step 1: Creating a Zoom Account
- Please visit https://zoom.us and sign up for a free Zoom account. Your Zoom account username should be your email address.
- When creating your Zoom account, you MUST use the email address that you provide to us, which we will use to invite you as a panelist
- If you provide us with an email address different than the one that you used to create your Zoom account, then there will be complications in setting you up with the proper access in the webinar
Step 2: Download the Zoom desktop app
- Download the Zoom desktop app: https://zoom.us/support/download
- Please note - this MUST be the Zoom Desktop App - not a mobile version for a smartphone (iOS or Android) or tablet
Step 3: Sign into your Zoom account on the desktop app:
- When you have logged in, you will see the Zoom app home screen:
Step 4: Join the Webinar through the Link Sent by Email
- Bernard Klinke will be sending you a Panelist invitation for Zoom Webinar. Please add this invitation to you Calendar (shown in red circle below). Please note that this email will be from Bernard, but will will come from "firstname.lastname@example.org." If you do not see this message, please make sure to check your spam, junk, and clutter folders.
- Join the webinar through the link sent by email. You should see the message pop up below. Please click "Allow" (shown in red circle below).
- Once you select "Allow," a window for the webinar will appear.
Step 5: Using Zoom Features
- Muting your line
- When you join webinar, please make sure to mute your line, so that you do not disrupt ongoing presentations.
- To mute your line, please select the "Mute" button, in the lower, left-hand side of your Zoom Webinar screen (shown in purple circle below).
- You can also use a keyboard shortcut:
- Windows: CTRL+Shift+A (101) or Alt + A (106)
- Mac: ⌘+Shift+A
- Sharing your screen
- Likely, as session chairs, you will not need to share your screen, as the presenters will be screen sharing during their presentations. However, if a presenter has an issue sharing their screen, you may be called upon to assist in sharing slides, while the presenter gives their presentation over audio.
- To share your screen, please select the green "Share Screen" button at the bottom of your Zoom Webinar screen (shown in red circle below).
- Please note that you cannot share the screen if someone else is currently sharing. They must stop sharing first.
- To stop sharing your screen, please select the red, "Stop Share" button. When sharing, please note that your control panel will move to the top of your screen, so the "Stop Share" button will be there, at the top of your screen (shown in red circle below).
Step 6: Translation
- For translation, once the hosts starts translation, an icon will appear at the bottom of your Zoom window, called "Interpretation." Please select your language of choice here.
- You will notice that the interpreter is listed on the right-hand side of the screen, and the language they are interpreting in is shown with the little flag icon, showing either the Japanese or American flags to show which language is currently being interpreted into.